Saturday, June 6, 2009

Baby food? He's over it.

Don't get me wrong, Ryker will still pack away some pureed veggies if that is all that's available, but he's delighted with the ability to feed himself. He's eating less at dinner now, partially because he takes an hour to eat when I let him do it himself. Usually every other night (bath night), I let him fully take control. The other nights I feed him the messy stuff, because for some reason just wiping him down with a washcloth doesn't get him clean. I always end up finding sweet potatoes behind his ear or peas down his sleeve.

Spaghetti noodles are a favorite. He likes to whirl them around and then toss them accross the room. Then he looks around like he's surprised he cannot locate it. I think it's all an act. He knows what he's done, especially when he sees me cleaning up after he's eaten.

The peas are a little hard to get ahold of but he gets it done. I thought I could just give him a whole pea, but I was informed by someone older and wiser when it comes to babies that peas are a choking hazard unless you remove the hull. Take off that little shell and they are a perfect finger food.

Great with his sippy cup, but this one will take a little practice. He's usually soaked.

He gets the spoon in his mouth, but there's not much food on it by the time it gets there.


No comments:

Post a Comment