Sunday, March 29, 2009

Last diaper change by Dad before he had to ship out. Ryker had to get up early for his first day of day care.
Meeting Ellie, Molly, and Conner. Their Dad fishes with Seth and they were headed to the boat to see the guys off.


Ryker was all smiles. He really liked them.





He laughs all the time now. So many things are funny to him. The dogs even make him laugh now. Sometimes all they have to do is move and he giggles.
Looking tough in his grasshopper beanie.

He has a variety of new faces now too to go along with his many noises. He's really into making "fish lips."

He still loves to stand. I wouldn't be surprised if he never crawled and went straight to walking. He doesn't seem to be that interested in crawling, but is totally content to stand in the same place for long periods of time. When we make him sit down and take a break, he usually gets mad. He also is starting to try to take steps when hanging onto the couch, but usually just ends up with his legs spread really far apart.

Reading the paper before it is ripped to shreds.

Guess he's done with his section. "Hurry up with those sports, Dad."

Again with the standing. He likes to reach for stuff and pull it down off the couch.

He has a photo album of him and his Dad to look at when Seth is gone fishing. He looks at it a lot and chews on it, but I don't know if he really knows what he's looking at yet. I have videos of his Dad reading him books too that he watches before bed. Who knows what he's thinking, but he seems to get excited watching them.
Check out the six pack on this kid...or are those rolls? Either way, looking good little naked man.

I always get the same reaction when people ask how old he is: "Oh, healthy baby!" Today at the grocery store the lady guessed he was about 10 months old after she called him a big boy. I told her he was almost 6 months and she proceeded to call him a giant boy and asked what he was eating. Sheesh lady, back off, the boy likes his milk! We'll find out on Thursday at his next doctor's appointment how much he weighs, but I'm guessing about 23 pounds....of pure muscle...

I don't know why I found it so entertaining to dress him in all white, but I did. He looked like a TV male nurse. He had peas spit up all over his shirt by the end of the day, but the sweet white pants survived.

Lookin' good buddy! Who says you can't wear white after Labor day?

Always trying to open these drawers. Seth always puts him just out of reach so he has to work for it. He can get himself to whatever he's grabbing at but he still doesn't get up on his knees and crawl.

We got the gate installed above our stairs and he likes to hold the rails and shake the gate. I don't think I'll be encouraging that. He's a little to big to be shaking it. It's sturdy enough that I'm confident he can't knock it over, but just in case.

I hope this is the last time I see him behind bars.



No comments:

Post a Comment