Kya opening her early birthday present from Grandma Patti. I think it's safe to say she likes her new shoes.
Ryker called us all over to the fort for a ribbon cutting ceremony on the new bridge. He made Seth and I crawl up in it and gave a speech to the crowd (my family and a few people that had come over for my Mom's birthday dinner) and thanked Seth and I for all the hard work we put into fixing up the playset and building the bridge. If I had known he was going to thank us, I would have recorded it. I was happy to hear that he was grateful and recognized the work that went into it. I thought he was just going to give one of his usual 5 year old speeches where he says random weird stuff that no one gets. It was funny and made perfect sense.
Then he cut the ribbons he had prepared at both ends of the bridge.
Now, on to Grandma's birtday cake!
Blue Friday at school
Waiting at the bus stop. I wouldn't let him ride the bus the first day of school and he begged me every day after that. I tried to talk him into waiting at least a week, but he wouldn't have it. He got all ready and headed for the bus stop one morning, so I just let him. Of course, to my dismay, he loved it and wanted to ride it all the time. He came home telling magical stories of tree houses and other wonderful things he'd seen on the bus route. He actually used the word "magical" to describe the stuff he saw from his new, higher than my car vantage point. He rode it both ways for about a week, then decided I needed to pick him up after school because he was on the bus for an hour and it was cutting into his bike riding time when he got home. After a few more days, he decided he wasn't getting to school early enough either and he needed to be there right when recess first started so he'd like me to drop him off before the busses come in. Just when I was getting over sending him on the bus, he let me drive him. What a kid! He's always ready before I am. Not like it was a huge deal, but I just assumed he would let me drive him and it wouldn't even be a discussion. I don't know why I assumed that though, because he always pushes my comfort zone before I have even thought about things.
Kya's petting Keaton, Keaton's petting Cosmos.
This little guy loves the fur friends.
Naked dancing with her new twinkle toes!
Opening her present Kya made her.
Necklace and ring and of course she put the ribbon in her hair because she knows how to make the kids feel good. Kya loved it, but kept telling her that wasn't part of the present.
Crabbing off of Samish Island
Kya approves of Alex's blackberry pie.
Gross Nikki! Don't eat those babies!
Out to dinner with her earrings that Ryker made her. Hahaha
Cruising on the Robert Magnus
Oh, this kid......
Always in the captains chair.....
Oh this kid.....
Always a smile!
Wait, how'd you guys get outside?
Darn it Ryker, where are your camo shorts!
Hangin' on top of the house
Man overboard!
Just kidding....
Mom! Stop looking at him, it just encourages him!
It was great fun having everyone at our house! We were sad to see them go.


No comments:
Post a Comment