Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Playing in our Favorite Story Books

We headed to Rapid City last summer with Grandma Patti and it is as awesome as I remember it!  You're going to get sick of the pictures because I took a lot and I'm posting A LOT.  I want my kids to remember this place with the same fondness I have, even if it means showing them how much fun they had because they forgot...haha.

First stop, Dinosaur Park.
 
Cam and I about the same age as Ryker and Kya, 34 years ago.



Then on to Storybook Island.
 
The pumpkin hasn't changed much since 1980.
 





Train Ride.....
 
Perfect name for a train....even spelled it right.
 



 
 
Cam and I.  Looks like Yogi changed his hat and tie from yellow to green.

This would have been a better photo if Cam had been there to recreate it.  I probably would have had a hard time getting him in the basket though.

















 
 Cam, my Dad, and I on the same fire truck in 1980.


 
This one is 1986 when we went back with Kara and Ty.

 
This place is timeless.  It's mostly the same old stuff and my kids found it just as magical as my siblings and I did as kids.  As a matter of fact, at 37, I still found it pretty magical.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment