Friday, February 7, 2014

Dear Dad, Also Known as "Ramblings by Kya"

A couple weeks ago, Kya asked me to take down a letter for her to send to Seth in Westport.  I got my computer so I could type it because my handwriting can never keep up with her.  As follows, word for word by Kya except for the stuff in parenthesis which I added later.
Dear Dad,
Please come back.  I miss you.  You've been gone too long.  (I think it has been about 3 days now) I love you.  Are you still at the dock or are you getting crabs?  I miss you.  I made you a letter.  You love me.  (she's now busted into song)  I love you.  Do you love me? You love me.  I love you.  You love me.  I miss you.  You miss me.  That's all I got for you.  You love me.  You write me some mail.  I'll write you back.  I put some glue around it.  I'll glue pink.  I'll sing my song til you love me.  You love me.  You love me back.  Everywhere I hear you dad til you found me in the place and loved me.  I covered up you and I'll tuck you in warm and snugly not on the boat.  Then Mommy can take me to my bed so you can get rest from fishing.  I love you.  I need more glue stick.  My glue stick is all stuck and ready to take to the mail.  I need my pencil skinned out so it gets sharpened. (Her pencil was dull and I guess she refers to the sharpening as "skinned out") If I mix my pencil with this brown it gets pencil.  (The oven timer went off and I had to cut her off because she can go on forever so that's a wrap on her letter/song to Dad.)

You heard it here Seth.  Time to come home so she can tuck you in warm and snugly, NOT ON THE BOAT!  Oh, but they are planning a boat sleepover when you get back so maybe tucking you in on the boat is okay as long as she is in the bunk beside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment