Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bucking Horses and Funky Fish

Headed out the door in the morning to go to the airport and found this.  We'd been flocked!  This is right up my alley and the kids loved it too.


After riding the flamingo's for a few minutes, we were off.

SeaTac



Ready to rock

Look what a great job Daddy did on my nails

In honor of my 36th birthday and first Bucking Horse Sale in about 13 years, a cupcake horse cake!  Nice work Kara!


Me acting like Ryker and Kya do when we sing them Happy Birthday.


Parade

Kya waved to just about all the horses and all the cowboys and cowgirls waved back.  She was in heaven.









Ryker's future college football coach.  He received a recruiting letter at age 2 from him.  He was with the Battling Bears then, but has since taken a head coaching job in Dillon so he says he can offer him more of a scholarship now.  We'll see about Dillon, maybe he'll just have to take in a football camp....haha.  Actually, who knows, he might just love it there.  By the way, BJ's family brand is rafter, 11, bar.  It looks like an outhouse and may be the coolest brand I've ever seen!

You're in Dino country now girl!

 
Wibaux Park in Miles City still has old school play set stuff.  Ryker got a lesson in not being the one pushing when there are big kids pushing.  Just jump on and hang on!  They got it going to fast, he went down, got stepped on by 2 kids pushing, and crawled off into the grass.  He was more dazed than  hurt.  He couldn't believe what had just transpired!




Next, he got a teeter totter lesson.  He was standing by on that was on the ground with his hand on the handle, looking at something else.  A kid ran up and jumped on the other end and the teeter totter nailed him in the side and then uppercut him in the chin.  He ran off crying and hid under a bush.  He was done with the park after that.

Hotel pool


Let's buy us a bucking horse, Dad!

Kya eating cherries over Seth's head.  Anyone that has seen Kya eat fruit knows that this is not a good idea!


Uncle Brian with his favorite backpack


Picking a Trifecta.  Yeah, you heard me.  Seth picked one on his own and then one with the kids later.  He won over $200 on each.  What the heck? 


BHS is always a good time, but who knew you could even do it with kids.  Yes, I didn't spend as much time in the bar as I have in the past, but it was awesome, right down to the hail storm that had Kya and I trapped in the women's bathroom with about 35 other ladies and Ryker and Seth under a trailer for about 15 min!  It was totally worth the overpriced hotel room and the lack of sleep from going out late while my Mom watched the kids, then getting up early with them.

After BHS we headed to Wibaux to do some paddle fishing the next day.  We gathered up old clothes from my mom's house (circa: high school days) and I outfitted everyone with one of my Dad's sweet hats!  Seth is totally a fluorescent green kind of guy.  I don't think my Dad ever actually wore this one, but other than the color it was his style....I mean, anything from a local grain co-op?  You can't turn that down.

Kya loved her hat, but was really interested in the camo gloves we gave her.  It was also raining, hence the stack of garbage bags beside her.

Represent buddy, represent.

US West making another showing.

And mine.....Rifle League, Powder Horn Bar.  I wish I had pictures of everyone's, but Kara, Ty and Nikki road in a different vehicle.  I also should have taken a pic of our sweet jeans and my high school cowboy boots I was wearing.

Oh, Cheeto

 
 
 
We didn't pack for rain so Seth bought these $8 sweats at KMart and we dug poncho's and coats out of my Mom's garage that she didn't even know she had!



 
I had high hopes of our day looking like this.....
It didn't happen.  (By the way, I don't know these guys, just took the pic off Glendive's Chamber of Commerce page.)
 
I do know these guys though!   Two of the best fisherman in the state and they knew how to wear a trucker hat (and pearl snaps) long before trucker hats were cool!
Marv and Dad for anyone that might not have had the privilege of ever meeting these crazy outdoors men.

Somebody caught one, but it wasn't us.  No biggie, we had fun and we got to have Gust Hauf pizza afterward!
 


Ryker thought this was a really cool rock and was confused when it crumbled after picking it up.  Yeah, buddy, that's cow poop.





Two tired kids ready for their flight home.  Thank you Miles City for yet another wonderful birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment