So Kya is now wearing underwear. Hopefully I did not jump the gun on this one because I will die if she poops herself at the gym while she's in the kids area.
Here are a few observations from the bathroom. These are old except for the last one that happened last week. Oh yeah, and Kya only had 2 accidents in her diaper since our big blowout a few weeks ago. One was when we were at a friend's house for dinner and I think she was too busy playing plus there was someone else in the bathroom when she tried to get in. It wasn't much and she finished up in the toilet. I'm going to give her a pass on that one, but we didn't have her end of day celebration. I don't think she minded though because she had already gotten dessert at their house and she was ready for bed when she got home.
"Poop smells stinky. Poop sometimes does not smell stinky." (For the record Kya, your poop is always stinky. You just get to run out of the bathroom high fiving everyone and don't have to stick around while I clean out that little potty chair.)
"Sometimes pee is yellow, sometimes pee is clear."
Kya went through a phase where she thought she was going to grow a penis when she got bigger. She has been pretty disappointed every since it finally sunk in that it was never going to happen. She was really upset for about 2 days and even now, a month later she sometimes asks me if I'm sure she won't grow one when she is bigger. She REALLY wants to be able to pee standing and pee "outside on the garage wall like Ryker." So much so that she often tries, even though it always ends in a mess and a lecture from me. I'm guessing this is pretty common with girls that have older brothers, but who knows. Just wait until she starts using a lot of public restrooms. She'll really wish she could stand!
Last week at the gym: "Mama, you get out. It will be stinky." I stepped out of the stall to a lady giggling. She said, "I wish my boys would have been that considerate. Heck I wish they were in that considerate now and they are in college."
Her favorite: "Wait outside Mommy, I need some privacy. You don't watch me push." (I think she picked this one up from Ryker.)
"Come look Mommy. It's a really big, huge one."
I'm not sure how I do away with the end of day celebrations now. She's been "celebrating" every night for over 3 weeks. Every once in a while, she forgets but Ryker is quick to remind us...ugh. The funniest part is that she picks pretty healthy snacks when Ryker is not helping her decide. Sometimes it isn't even something to eat, she just wants to blow up a balloon or me to make her some new clay in the color she chooses.
She was on a frosted pretzel kick for a while, but now she's back to blueberries frozen with yogurt. She also asks for popcorn quite often or a strawberry smoothie. If we are at the grocery store, she'll grab things like tomatoes and kiwi's and ask if she can get them for her potty celebration. Heck yes! I can't wait to see your brothers face when I hand him a slice of tomato. He always tries to talk her into asking for something else and I remind him that it is Kya's choice and if he would like to choose, he needs to flush and put the seat down all day. (He's given up. He's not even trying now.)
I'm not sure how I do away with the end of day celebrations now. She's been "celebrating" every night for over 3 weeks. Every once in a while, she forgets but Ryker is quick to remind us...ugh. The funniest part is that she picks pretty healthy snacks when Ryker is not helping her decide. Sometimes it isn't even something to eat, she just wants to blow up a balloon or me to make her some new clay in the color she chooses.
She was on a frosted pretzel kick for a while, but now she's back to blueberries frozen with yogurt. She also asks for popcorn quite often or a strawberry smoothie. If we are at the grocery store, she'll grab things like tomatoes and kiwi's and ask if she can get them for her potty celebration. Heck yes! I can't wait to see your brothers face when I hand him a slice of tomato. He always tries to talk her into asking for something else and I remind him that it is Kya's choice and if he would like to choose, he needs to flush and put the seat down all day. (He's given up. He's not even trying now.)
This picture was just to show that chubby little hand. Look at that cute little thing!
I LOVE this girl! She asked for a green smoothie in a fancy glass. Ha ha, Ryker did not partake in the celebration.

No comments:
Post a Comment