Saturday, October 22, 2011

End of Aug and Sept Randoms

I kept seeing everyone posting first day of school pictures at the end of August, so we took one too.

Seth made it home at the beginning of September.  He had a spectacular seine season.  Yep, best fisherman ever!

As soon as Seth got home and could watch Kya while we road to the mailbox, we took Ryker's training wheels off.  He had it completely figured out within 15 minutes.  This was from the beginning of September.  We've already had to raise his seat because he stands and rides sometimes now and has a lot of 'tricks' he likes to do...you know, power skids, wheelies, what I like to call the 'crazy driver', ect.

A little rare alone time to read without someone turning the pages and and opening all the flaps.
Times up, he's out of the bath and straight over to the action.

Walkin' Fool
Sweet tatoo sleeve he got in the mail from Grandma Patti.  This one is going to be hard to beat on my "oh my gosh, look what Grandma mailed this time" meter.  Ha ha, just kidding Mom, he loves every package and card he gets.

Seth brough home his silly socks and Ryker was thrilled when he saw them in his bag.  I, of course, suggested they wear them at the same time.  Lookin' good guys.
A little uncomfortable with all the glitter glue.

Ryker found these sweet jewels in the craft box.  I bought them for crafts, but he decided to bling himself up while I was in the shower. 

Nice placement buddy.  Accentuate those knees!

No outfit is complete without a hand me down Spongebob watch.



"Look at the new shirt my Daddy brought me from AK!"

"Hello Dad?  You've only been home for a day.  Shower on your own time, we've got catching up to do!"
Ryker always had interesting reactions when Seth came home.  Sometimes sad, sometimes unsure, sometimes we wondered if he recognized him, and even when he was very excited, hestill gave him a little cold shoulder action.  Kya, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of him.  She followed him everywhere.  I'm guessing it was less tramatic for her because she has Ryker.  I think if he went away for a couple days, she'd take notice!  We'll see what the next time brings.  Just when I think I know how they will react, it changes.
"Hey Mom, watch this!"
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yep, it was so bad and I was so lazy, I brought Cosmos in to help out!  Ryker thought it was pretty cool and funny that Cosi was in the house.  It took me a few minutes just to coax him into coming in.  He wouldn't come in at all for Seth.  I don't think he's been in the house for at least 5 years and he's only been in a handful of times.  I'm looking forward to the day when he can sit on our poarch and see in the window so he's not always so separated from us.  I was really excited for our new house for Chacon, because he would have loved that aspect.  Cosmos really likes his house and hangs there a lot, so he won't love our new house as much as Chacon would have.  Chacon liked to be in the shop and often sat at the top of the stairs at the entry to our house above the shop.  I think he just like to be able to hear us.  It makes me sad when I see Cosmos out there looking in now, because I was so looking forward to putting a bed on the poarch for Chacon and already thought about all the noseprints I would be cleaning off the french doors.  He also had that crazy drool and would have made a huge mess of our window, where Cosmos isn't a slobbermonger.

Spirit of the Spud 2011!  No other pics because I forgot my camera, but I'm pretty sure the giant pan of potatoes au graten broke the world record.

No comments:

Post a Comment