We took a little roadtrip to Reedsport, OR for the launching of the Robert Magnus.
Ryker's favorite stop of the trip.....Dairy Queen.
Getting a little bored. I had to reach into my bag of tricks and whip out the stickers. Since he's a big fan of mustaches right now, guess what he did with his stickers? Yep, construction tape mustache and backhoe beard.
We stayed at Pete and Kathleen's house the night before and Ryker checked out their sweet yard.
Not a big fan of the trampoline yet. "Too bouncy," he says. Probably wouldn't have been quite so bouncy if he hadn't been in there with Seth! Molly and Maggie joined him outside despite the rain.
Ryker gets a sneak peak with Seth before it goes in the water.
Like two kids in a candy store....enjoy your new boat boys!
These two make a better couple than Seth and I. They complement each other perfectly business wise, plus they have become great friends. We are very lucky to have Pete and his family in our lives.
Ryker freaked out when it started backing down into the water because he thought his Daddy was leaving. Apparently Seth waving to him from a boat strikes fear and sadness in the liitle guy, because it got pretty ugly. There was no comforting him (everyone tried) and I had a hard time containing him and holding Kya. He only calmed down once he was wrapped around Seths neck and on the boat with him. It took about an hour until the boat was all tied up so what should have been an exciting hour was actually a pretty excruciating wait (in the rain, none the less!). I hope that it gets easier for him as he gets older and is able to understand when Seth is leaving, but I have a feeling it is only going to get harder, especially now that there will be two kids missing him.
It was pretty cool to see how it went into the water. They had guys down in the voids to watch for leaks which was a bit shocking to me, but I guess it makes sense. They can't exactly see if it is watertight when it is completely built out of the water. I'm sure it is rare that a boat would actually spring a leak, but I guess they don't know for sure until it hits the water. I have pictures of the christening (or as Ryker calls it: Lady breaking bottle on boat. He loved it! He talks about it all the time, but now he knows that lady as Pam because they had so much fun together) on our computer at home but since we're in Wibaux, I'll have to add them later.












No comments:
Post a Comment