We went over to Lopez Island last Saturday, July 3rd. We had to get up at 4:30 to catch the ferry, but Ryker thought it was well worth it. He was very excited about this big boat. I thought he might fall asleep waiting in the ferry line, but that didn't happen. He was all jacked up.
Taking in the view
All smiles the whole way. Notice the matching outfits? My Mom borrowed a sweatshirt and I gave her the "Eat Fish" one. Ryker ended up wearing his "Eat Crab" sweatshirt.
Chucking rocks with the big boys
He pointed out every boat just in case someone missed one
How do I get over there?
He wanted to know if we could swim. The water was freezing and no one else was swimming, but apparently he thought it was the thing to do. Instead his just waded in up to his waist and was soaked anyway. I had his lifejacket, I should have just let him swim.
Of course, more rock throwing
He was pretty excited about all the shells. He used them to dig. We brought a few home for our own sand pile, but Cosmos and Chacon keep dragging them off.
Push up time!
Aidan took his shoes off so Ryker had to follow suit. They scooped water with them and watched them float like boats. Now whenever Ryker wears those shoes, he tells me they are the same as Aidan's. He also wants to walk around outside with no shoes on all the time now and has asked to bring his shoes in the tub to make them float. This kid loves Aidan. Luckily, Aidan is excellent with him, and doesn't mind Ryker tagging along.
Alexis is probably wondering how many rocks he's going to throw.
I'm not sure what was going through his head here, but he crawled back up the beach to the sand. I think maybe the rocks were hurting his feet, but he wouldn't let me help him.
Ryker wanted on the teeter totter with me, but insisted on getting on the back. I tried to make him sit in front, but he wasn't having it. Maybe because the baby was already riding in the front, he figured he'd get on back.
He was having trouble hanging on because of my big ol' belly, but he thought it was pretty fun when he'd almost slide off.
Susanna and Aidan constructed this sweet fort and pretty soon everyone wanted in.
Of course, Aidan looked out for Ryker and made sure he got a prime seat.
After everyone abandon it, Alexis headed in to check it out. When it was time to leave, I had to crawl into the farthest corner of it to peel Ryker out. He was not happy about leaving and was hiding from me.
Lots of sticks, rocks, and water....what more could a boy ask for?
Long day, but he still had the energy to crawl around every inch of the car while waiting in line for the ferry.
Can you say TIRED? He was out within minutes of getting off the ferry.

No comments:
Post a Comment