Friday, July 16, 2010

A Day with Grandma

My Mom came to visit over the 4th of July weekend.  I worked on Friday so she hung with the little man all day.  They had a great time.  It sounds like they spent the whole day outside and I'm sure he showed her every inch of our yard.   He's a man on the move when it comes to the outdoors.

I pulled this picture off her camera from the last time she was here in April.  What a pudge!  He's going to love this picture when he's older......at least I can blame it on Grandma since I didn't take it!
Aahhh, the sandpile.  He's quite the foreman when it comes to divying up the work.  Apparently, Grandma didn't get a break since she was a guest.  She needed to fill the trailers with sand too.  She had to use the small shovel too while he got the big one.  I always take the big one!
This kid ran the show so snacks and meals were eaten outside.  Ryker requested brocolli for one of his snacks.  My Mom asked me what we were doing to him...what kid requests brocolli?  I have yet to find something he won't eat, besides green olives.


Popsicles were my newest trick for mowing the lawn.   Ryker likes to "drive" the lawn mower now, so it is hard to mow with him turning the wheel one way while I'm trying to go another.  I give him a popsicle now and he licks it and basically lets it melt all over both of us and the mower, but it keeps his hands occupied for about 40 minutes.  Grandma taught him how to bite the popsicle so I'm sure he can put one away much faster now.  I either need to come up with a new trick or buy lots more popsicles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment