Monday, August 25, 2014

Landscaping

This is the reason why I didn't update my blog all spring and again in August.  We were transforming our yard for 3 months.  As for the lack of updates in June and July?  Well, we were too busy having fun!
Front yard



Back yard




These two enjoyed the load after load of gravel, rock, and soil much more than Seth and I did.




 

Framing in flower beds


 
Dry river bed








Slowly phasing in some grass


 

 
If you've been to our house you probably don't even recognize the difference in this, but we pulled 2 big trees (awesome flowering cherry trees) who's roots were too close to the cement, a bunch of shrubs from the front, and moved the flower bed to the right side instead of the front.  It looked good before and looks good now, but it was a lot of work and makes more sense with our house driveway.
















 
Seth took a break from landscaping only to work on my birthday present.

Seth builds a mean picnic table!  Kya's reaction when she saw it on the porch, "Ooooooo, good job Dad.  It's a beauty!"  It's the first time I heard her use that phrase....haha.





Now, we only need to get the playset area cleaned up and we are done!  I'm on that right now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment