Sunday, December 29, 2013

Baby Schlepp's Shower

Being in a different state and having my husband gone fishing a lot, I miss a lot of stuff I should probably be at....Kara's bachelorette party, Kara's bridal shower (not actually sure she had one), ect.  This summer while we were at Fort Peck camping, we discussed me throwing her a baby shower.  I asked my mom to reserve the fairgrounds hall for us.  Her response, "YOU'RE going to throw a baby shower?  Have you ever been to a baby shower?"  Haha, totally legit questions, but still funny.  I responded by saying someone was going to do it so it might as well be me.  Her next question:  "Is your sister going to show up?"  Again, knowing us, a very legit question!  I am good at throwing parties and it's just another party, right?  Anyway, despite my lack of baby shower experience and my Mom's lack of confidence in my baby shower prowess, I think it went well.
It was a children's book theme so the cake was stacked books with "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, New Fish on top.

Prize table....you can never blow a party if you give away a lot of prizes!

This is totally how I roll so I had to print this out for the prize table.

We signed a book for the guestbook.

We started a pool to guess the baby's stats when it is born.  $5 entry, the winner gets half the pot and the expecting parents get the other.









Playing bingo by crossing off the gift she opens if you have that item on your card.
 


It's a wrap!  Kara survived, I survived, and I think my Mom is proud that we are broadening our horizons, by doing more girlish things.....haha, probably not. 
Thanks to all who came!

After the baby shower we really got the party started by hosting a Fish Fry.  Kya and Josh partying it up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment