Our granite countertops are in and they are gorgeous. Thank goodness Dave was there when they measured, because there were some questions that I wouldn't have had answers for. He also stayed with the guy while he measured because I had to take Ryker to an appointment in Seattle and the tip broke on the machine they use to measure so the guy had to drive 1.5 hours (each way) back to his shop. Too bad too because I wanted to get some pictures of him measuring with this crazy, long armed machine. I thougtht they were going to measure and trace onto paper or particle board. This is the best pic I could get off the internet.
This arm sat on a big tripod and it could reach all the way around the kitchen. It was all digital and then I saw how everything would be layed out with pictures of our exact granite slabs. I could put certain parts that I liked best on main parts of the counter and make sure that veins ect matched up. Basically, I got a digital picture of our countertops before they were ever intalled. Fabulous technology! No surprises, we got exactly what I expected!
I seem to be saying thank goodness for Dave a lot lately. I always find a way to survive while Seth is gone, but this year, as far as the house is concerned, survival has been much easier because of Dave. He's up here working almost every day so he lets me know who's coming and going. He also does a lot of things that he doesn't have too...way above and beyond what we are paying him for. I never worry about the kind of work he is doing because I know it will be top notch. There have been times that I haven't gone over to the other house for days. There's no way I would do that with anyone else. I would be out there every night checking on what had been done and making sure it was done right. Before I knew what Dave could do, I was sure it would be good, but I had no idea we were getting such a master carpenter! It's also nice getting to know Dave. He is one of Seth's long time friends, but I never really got it. What I knew of Dave, which was very little because we rarely saw him, he and Seth just seemed so different. Now that I know him better, I get it. He's an honest, hard working, genuinely nice guy. There is much more too it, but that pretty much sums it up.


No comments:
Post a Comment